My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

my other self

My friends over at chatty metalsmith on 
Etsy try to blog on a topic each month. 
I was late with this one (sorry!). Life got in the way (as usual).
This month topic was to try to shed some light on 
who you are besides an artist.


So who is Tess?
Well I am 32 going on 33.
very quickly it feels like

I was born and raised in Sweden. 
In a relative small town called Sundsvall.
It's about 4.5 hour drive up north from Stockholm.
It's by the coast. 
Thus my love and need for the ocean.

I grew up in a very artistic invironment.

When I was little I wanted to be a dancer.
I attended ballet classes.
I could even do a split!
Don't think I will attempt one now though.

I wanted to be an actor.
Didn't have much talent for it.

I wanted to be famous.
But I hated people talking about me and preferred to be left alone.

I have always been creating things.
With my mother being an artist there was an  
abundance of materials at my finger tips.
Lots of textiles and acrylic paints.

For a long time I wanted to be a fashion designer.
I made sketches of elaborate dresses and "borrowed"
fabrics from my mothers stash to make my own gowns.
Some successful and others I now wonder how I dared
to walk outside wearing them.

I often changed my mind in what I wanted to do when I grew up.
I still do. Not even sure I want to grow up...
But I eventually landed on graphic design and that's what I studied.
And that is what I have been doing for full time for the past 11 years.

As for my journey as a metalsmith I have talked about that before
so I wont bore you with that again. 


~tess

check out my other friends blogs for the same topic
 http://bellabijoujewellery.blogspot.com/
 http://aherondesign.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess