My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Friday, March 12, 2010

my head is spinning


hard to focus
Originally uploaded by novadesigns by tess

I woke up with the gnarliest cold sore yesterday morning.
I NEVER have cold sores!

Never...

They're gross.


I blame it on stress. I've been stressing out a lot lately. Trying to find time for my craft, my love, my life, my kitties, my laundry, my dirty dishes, my dreams, my friends, and especially for myself.

I desperately need a haircut. A manicure would be wonderful but we all know how long that would last when you play with fire and metal all the time. A massage OH what I wouldn't do for a massage! I think that my head is now permanently directly attached to my shoulders. There's no neck in between anymore. I think it disappeared a while back. And now I want it back.

Yesterday David and I went to see Alice in Wonderland. It was a nice break from everything. We had a good talk the other weekend about how important it is to have time for each other. So we reinstated Date Nights! It's a good thing. I'm lucky to have him. *kisses*

I think I might be stressing out about time in general. It's not like I am getting any younger.. I'll be 32 this year. I want to buy a house, start a family and all that good stuff. I am so good at making plans. Or list! I am excellent at making lists. Grocery lists, shopping lists, to-do lists. You name it I probably have a list for it :o)

So I think after I come home from work today I am going to scrub that dingy bathtub of ours and fill it up with hot HOT water and bubbles. LOTS of bubbles. Light some candles and finish that book (middlesex) that I started a while back. A little me time is in order. Don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by
love ~tess

7 comments:

  1. wonderful idea! how does life get in the way of what we love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is this "me" time you speak of???
    Right there in the same boat as ya - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve some Tess time!!! Life can be so busy that sometimes we forget about ourselves. Take time to breathe and treat yourself right! I'll be 29 this year and I can't believe it so I know where you are coming from!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I am so doing it.
    Bubbles here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah me time ~ it gets less with children but still soooo important! My dh and I still have date nights ~ even if it means eating by candlelight at home in the kitchen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a cold sore start this weekend too!!! They are horrible. Best thing to do for the lil bastards is put abreva on it right away. You might want to stay away from nuts too. Nuts make cold sores grow larger! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess