My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's in the air...

 Sniff sniff.. Can you smell it?

 Ahhh there it is...

fills lounges with a deep breath of christmas tree scent

Looking kind of skinny you say? 
I promise you we looked at every tree we could find. Every one. 
I am very lucky to have such a patient husband-to-be. 
And he is lucky I am such a great Christmas tree finder...

 See I told you it wasn't really that skinny!
Oh I meant to ask you about the Christmas tree mutilation that is going on in this country...
One of the reasons it took us forever to find one was that almost every single one of them look like they've been pushed into a giant pencil sharpener and gotten all them lovely little branches cut off. 
So they look like a cone. A christmas tree cone. 
It was quite sad actually. I like my trees a little wild.

 It was quite the family gathering around the newcomer. 
They gave him a sniff and decided they would welcome Mr Christmas tree into the family. 
Lisa however made no promises to leave his accessories alone. 
She said if they're red, round and shiny they must be some sort of toy that 
should thoroughly be examined...

Upon closer examination David and I have decided we must add color to our tree. All my ornaments are white and red. Which is very classic and pretty... BUT I feel a need for some color in my life. Purple and gold. Purple and gold and green.. Maybe even some blue... 

Ahhhhh it feels so good to have a tree!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
love ~tess

3 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous lady! Our tree is always very colourful, I have ornaments that have been passed down to me from my grandma - all very artisan and handmade, and very "me". We are going to put ours up friday I think - can't wait!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! I cannot wait for my tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jaime! I can't wait to see yours!

    Kathleen I hope you get one soon! It does magical things to your home. Like it instantly smells like you just cleaned! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess