My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

wedding wednesday's


wedding bird friendly "rice"
Originally uploaded by novadesigns by tess

I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. It feels like I just got engaged and yet my wedding date is getting closer and closer. Yikes!

David says I took off like a rocket with the planning. But that is just how I work. I have to stay on top of things. I thrive on being efficient and organized. It's one of my strengths.

I feel pretty good with everything. We've booked the tent for the backyard. The chairs, tables, linens and table settings have been selected. We know what we want for the center pieces and David is working on the holders for my little grapevine spheres.

We know what we are doing for the ceremony. It's somewhat of a secret project at the moment. But trust me. It will be something you've never seen before. David is going to build it (and he is amazing so I have no doubt it will reflect that).

I have booked a photographer. A caterer. I booked my hair appointment. The bridesmaid dresses are ordered. My dress is ordered. I have my shoes (still need to add my personal touch to them). I think I know what I am doing for jewelry now... I actually found a vintage rhinestone necklace I bought off Etsy so I will show you when it gets here!

We're going for a cake tasting this Saturday! I found a baker that is willing to do my cake covered in Marzipan instead of that dreaded fondant (I hate fondant. It's like eating play-do. Yuck!).

Last night I was working in our little organza bags with little heart shapes bird friendly "rice". We're going to put them on the chairs for the ceremony so that they can throw them after the I do's. I think I have to make like 75-80 of them so I am about half way done.

We finally decided what to do for the guest book! I bought a gallery style wrapped canvas and some ink pads. David is going to paint the base of a tree. A big gnarly tree trunk with branches. And then we're going to let our guests put their fingerprints as leaves in the tree. It's more personal but it's also something that I would want t o keep and display in our future home. I think it will look cool. I just have to find some ink that doesn't stain my guests fingers ha ha!

I think the only thing I really haven't been on top off is myself.. I haven't had time to go to the gym or treat myself to a long bubble bath. To paint my nails or even do a face mask... My businesses have been keeping me really busy but which I am also incredible grateful for. Without everyone supporting my work, David and I wouldn't be able to afford this wedding. So thank you so much. It truly means the world to me!

love ~tess

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess