My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

tuesday thoughts

 I dusted off my little box of Christmas ornaments and decorations I've collected since I moved away from home. It's probably silly but I can't wait to decorate my home. If I could I would buy a tree right now...

I was raised quite nontraditional and we didn't have a lot of traditions around the holidays. Often we didn't have a tree and I think my mother wasn't a fan of doing things the same way most people do it.

But I can see now why I crave it so much. I want to establish traditions. I want routines and stability. I want a big Christmas tree with tons of lights. I want to bake big gingerbread cookies in the shape of hearts and write our names with icing and then hang them in our kitchen window. I want to have my 4 advent candles, where you light one candle every Sunday leading up to Christmas. I want to make my own sweet and spicy mustard to go with that baked ham. I want to make traditional swedish Christmas candy.. All with loud Christmas music playing in the background...

I can't wait to get started!


Lisa just wants to eat the Christmas bird :o)

xoxo
~tess

1 comment:

  1. Christmas is a fun time of year! I hope you get that BIG tree evry soon and share some pics!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess