My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Thursday, February 17, 2011

flowering thoughts


Flowers, fabrics, petals, pearls.. rhinestones, ribbons.
The studio is a mess.
and so am I...

A couple of more orders to finish..
and then it's ME time. 
I feel a little guilty for saying that. ME. 
It's definitely not all about me.
But sometimes it's good to be a little selfish.

Been thinking a lot lately. Nothing unusual for me....
David always jokes about how much stuff there must 
be constantly going on inside my head.
It's a lot...

Sometimes I stress myself out completely.
I can talk myself into something and then talk myself out of it.
All in the same thought.  
Sometimes I get really tired of the constant chatter in my head. 
Sometimes I love the bustling sound of all the ideas crammed into my mind.

When I allow myself to pause for a minute and 
embrace all the thoughts dancing around. 
I feel focused. 
I feel positive and creative.
It's a good thing.

I've made a lot of decisions. 
Where I am right now and where I am going.
I can't really share it all with you right now.
A little too new and a little too fragile to be
tossed out there into the big scary world.

But I can tell you that I finally have a one year plan.
Did I tell you I love plans? And lists? I absolutely love making lists.

I hope that my one year plan will set me free. 
I feel like I have been tied down and blind folded for the longest. 
And having a plan feels like I can finally breathe again.
There is hope. A shining light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you so much for dropping by. For reading. 
For caring enough to come back and see what I am up to.
I hope I don't bore you too much with my sometimes cryptic ramblings.. 
 
I can feel your presence 
and it feels like an old friend came to visit.


love ~tess

2 comments:

  1. More and more I feel like you and I are kindred souls! So much of what you describe is so normal for me - the constant thoughts, the talking into ideas and plans then the talking out of...I am a planner and a list maker too.
    xo
    Jaim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists are my favorite thing in the world! Finding your place and being happy with it is half the battle.

    anything you do will be amazing and beautiful.

    kathleen xx

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess