My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

reflections and realizations

I am here

I'm always here... Some days I'm just very quiet. 
Doing more reading more than writing.

I get lost in my head sometimes and never make it out to share with you.
The last couple of days have been very much like that. Reflections.

What makes you happy? 
Where do you want to be in 10 years from now?


Life goes by so fast. I want so much for my future family.
Those (yet to be made) wonderful little blond curly heads 
that David and I will have together.
I want so much for David and myself.  A better life.



and I get homesick sometimes. 
I miss the forests. The lakes. The nature. 
I miss the people. My family and friends. 
It's been almost 7 years now.


I feel the wind blowing. 
There is time for a change. 
Not sure yet what that change might be. 
But it needs to happen. It's a cycle I go through...
 David and I have spoke about this change. 
And what that might be. 

It's still just a tiny seed in our minds right now.

A tiny thought seed that has to flourish into something bigger, 
stronger and eventually something real.
I've realized one thing. Life happens here. 
Here in our home. With the furballs.
Life is with David. That is what is real.
What matters.
It's most definitely not happening on
facebook, twitter, flickr or Etsy.
The more time spent there. The less time spent in real life.
It's simple math. And it's one change I can make now.
But I am still present. 
Maybe not talking as much as just
watching, reading and reflecting.
It will be a good change for me.


love ~tess

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been feeling alot like I have. I feel like I am needing alot more out of my life right now, then I am getting. And the time I soak into an online presence is just so much. Its amazing what it takes to run a business these days. Gone are the days of 9-5, or scheduled times when you leave your work at the door.
    xo
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och vi saknar dig/ er!!! Har precis bokat resan till er! Kommer på lördagen den 14 maj

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess