My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

simplicity

I've cut back drastically on my online presence.
I felt a bit lost. Spread too thin perhaps.

The shops are slowly being put on vacation. 
novadesigns went first then novaoflove.
Novaofsweden will remain open as I will only
add designs as they are born in my studio. 
No custom orders, no made to order. 
No stress, just pure joy of making.

A strong need to go back to basics is filling me up.
A need for fun, creativeness and time for living.

It's safe to say that working full time, running 3 shops
while trying to plan a wedding was a lot to handle.

As I slowly remove myself from the world of Etsy,
social networking I am becoming more relax. Happier. 
And I am feeling inspired again.

This weekend David and I spent so much time together.
More than we've had in a very long time. Sunday we
went for hours of walking. Just talking. About life.
What we want. What makes us happy. It was wonderful.

It's so easy to get caught up. In all the musts. 
In responsibilities. Paychecks, production mode and 
bills. It's not how I want to live my life. 
It's never been how I wanted to live my life. 

So back to basics it is. 
And tonight that means cooking dinner
with my husband to be. 
Laughing and tasting together.
I am very excited!


Embrace today my lovely friends cause you never know
what tomorrow will bring

~tess




3 comments:

  1. Having three shops is a lot for anyone to handle, Tess...let alone having three shops, working full time AND planning a wedding! Something's gotta give...and I'm glad that you are taking a step back and away to give yourself room to breathe.

    Take as much time as you need...we will all be here waiting for you when you're ready :-)

    Take good care,
    B.
    -xo-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a bad things to take time out for you and the ones you love! enjoy.

    kathleen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies :o)

    Life can be a wonderful thing if you allow yourself to actually enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess