My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I just thought of something

As I was soldering bezels and making tiny wire roses I thought about something. I need to make adjustable rings. I mean nice adjustable rings. Not the kind that is open in the back and looks all cheapo. If it could be sized to fit any finger that would mean that so many more could have a chance to wear one of my rings! So that has to be a good thing. Right?

So I sketched a bit and I am happy to say that I think I've come up with a design idea. So tomorrow afternoon (after sucky day job) I will try it out.. I have a couple of things laying on the bench, about 2/3 ways to being complete. It's probably only half way done but I am such an optimist... It will be busy busy to get them all done and listed on Friday. I might have to call in the studio fairies to help me out. :o)


so what's your thoughts about adjustable rings? good? bad? ugly?

4 comments:

  1. I often think this too - would open up so many more doors! I have done them in the past with the band coming up under the piece and passing past the other end of the ring shank, like a coil. My only concern about adjustable rings bands has been their strength.
    I can't wait to see what you are cooking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like on of the ideas I had Jaime! I was thinking that I would still use pretty heavy gauge and the ring would still be sized by me before I send it out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used 4x1mm ring shanks, and it worked pretty good - I'll try and rustle up a picture to show you. It generally would give a 3 size range. So I would size it to say size 6, then it could expand to a size 9.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess