My photo
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." by William E. Henley

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

wedding wednesday's











 


 

So I got off work early yesterday and I was just about 
to start working on the new pieces for my upcoming shop update 
when I decided to focus on myself instead..
Yes I do feel a little bit guilty... 

But I realized that I have my next dress fitting April first.
No joke!
And I need my bridal crown by then so I can see it all together.
In case I look ridiculous I will have time to come up with a back up plan 
ha ha

So I sat down at the bench and stared at the little triangles I had cut.
At the little filigree swirls...


...and then I started working.
Bending wires, making little silver balls 
for flush set stones and filigree roses.
Slowly it started to come together.
And before I knew it I had landed on a design!

 Taaadaaa!

But you never know with me. I might still tweak it or change it.
At least I felt like I got somewhere. 
I have been slightly terrified of working on it for some reason.
I am really hoping I'll get some time to start soldering it together tonight.

Please cross your fingers that I won't mess up!

love ~tess

13 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing it done! (and no need to feel guilty!! you're entitled!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That will be gorgeous Tess:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh but its going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it finished :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous - I love the design you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far it looks lovely! best of luck! and no need to feel guilty at all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I'm so intrigued!! Looks beautiful already!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooow, that is going to be one beautiful bridal crown, Tess! I can't wait to see all of the embellished triangles soldered together...what a sight! Best of luck with the soldering...not that I think you'll need it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your encouraging words and nice comments.

    Yesterday ran away for me. David and I went to pick up stain for the backdrop :o) But today I am gonna get back to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh Tess this is magical looking ~ I think my daughter is almost as excited as I am to see the final wedding outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see your final ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful!
    I can picture it already, but I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful - I can't wait to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much ladies! I can't wait to finish it and show you! I hope it won't turn out too costumey (is that even a word?). This weekend is all dedicated to it though so hopefully on monday I'll have an update for you!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your words and the fact that you are
taking the time to share them with me.
Please forgive me if I don't respond personally to you.
I always try but sometimes time just flies away!
love ~tess